Thursday, February 16, 2017

What I know for Sure !!

So just few months back, I was browsing the net where I read about this book "What I know for Sure" by Oprah Winfrey. As I went through the review, I found it very inspirational and intriguing. I went ahead and bought myself a copy of the book through eBay. As soon as I got the book in my hand and when my daughter fell asleep at night. I started reading and was not able to stop.

A very wise Man once said
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”-Charles William Eliot 
 
So there I go agreeing to the above quote, I find peace and solace when I read. Its like Meditation to me where I can breathe and feel the calm and quiet.
 
I would like to list some of the Key bullet points I got to learn from Oprah and from her life's journey, so that I do not forget these when I find myself moving ahead in life .   
  •  At different times in our journey, if we are paying attention, we get to sing the song we are meant to sing in the perfect key of life.
  • What do you do when you've done all you can, and it seems likes its never enough? What do you give when you've given your all and it seems like you cant make it through? The answer is simple "You just Stand"--Its the Ability to face resistance and walk through it.
  • When you get a choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
  • There is one desire, we all share. We all want to feel valued, but the love and affirmation you crave for cannot be found outside oneself.
  • Life is always better when you share it.
  •  Practice Gratitude-If the only prayer you ever say in your life is 'Thank you'. it will be enough.
  • To be Continued....
 

No comments: