Monday, January 21, 2008

Poem for Alka Desai -My Mom/My Friend

I see her face when I close my eyes
I feel her in other people, may be she would be there in disguise

I never realized your value until I left for a new place
Now I feel it’s hard to even tie my own lace

I keep staring at your picture everyday
and remembering your big bindi makes me feel gay

Being more of a Friend than a Mother
You make me smile day after another

I wished I could be with you right now
and irritate you some how
Why are you so far
That I cant even reach you in a car

I want to stay with you all my life
So that I can hug you after those silly fights

Love you Mom for all your love and Care
Remember I would always be there.

4 comments:

"Word Life" said...

I like it :)

Pouravi said...

This is the best poem i have read on this site of yours.....i have read it so many times..everytime i visit this page....just missing my mom so much......hats of to you,making some one emotional just by words...is not an easy task....really appreciate your this efforts.....Hats of to you...

Priti the blogger said...

Thank you guys .. This poem has to be the best offcourse .. since its for a MOM and direct from my heart :)

Unknown said...

This poem is so true n very touching...well done.. keep it up!!!
dont get so sentimental...